At least 63 people have died in a fire in a multi-storey building in Johannesburg, South Africa, emergency services announced earlier. A toddler is among those killed.
Emergency Management Services said a further 43 people were injured in the fire, which broke out early on Thursday.
People have been evacuated from the building and the recovery operation was under way. The cause of the blaze is still unknown. The local television station Newzroom Afrika said the building had been abandoned previously but was still inhabited at the time of the fire. It was the fourth “older building” to catch alight in the city in recent months, the local news organisation Times Live reported.